Did you know there are a handful of keto vegetables with less than 1 gram of net carbs per cup??
Which means, there’s no excuse to skip the salad when sticking to low carb foods! In fact, low carb vegetables make for incredible swaps in all sorts of low carb recipes — from faux pasta, to rice to potatoes, you’ll be stoked to incorporate these keto vegetables in your low carb meal plan!
So grab that pen and paper, and let’s revise your low carb shopping list to include some of these tasty keto vegetables!
If you’re sticking to keto foods, you’re counting net carbs — which are the total carbs of a food, minus its fiber. This works to your benefit in the keto vegetables department, as fiberis one of the main macronutrients found in vegetables.
Here are the keto vegetables lowest in net carbs (based on a 1 cup serving size):
- Kale: 0 grams of net carbs
- Broccoli Raab: 0 grams of net carbs
- Watercress: 0.2 grams of net carbs
- Lettuce (red leaf): 0.3 grams of net carbs
- Spinach: 0.3 grams of net carbs
- Arugula: 0.4 grams of net carbs
- Lettuce (green leaf): 0.5 grams of net carbs
- Swiss Chard: 0.7 grams of net carbs
- Mustard Greens: 0.8 grams of net carbs
- Celery: 1.4 grams of net carbs
As you can see, there are plenty of keto vegetables that won’t break the carb bank. And if you’re thinking “these veggies are boring”, then check out the recipes below to get inspired!
SORTABLE KETO VEGGIES CHART
Didn’t see your favorite keto vegetables on the list? Check out this chart of all the vegetables — the not-so-keto and keto veggies alike. Just like the keto vegetables above, this info is based on a 1 cup serving — which means you can always eat less to lower the carb count of your favorite veggies: